Thursday, October 11, 2007

Touch of Nature with Cracked Glass

This is one of the cards we'll be doing next week in my Techniques Classes. I still have room for both Monday and Thursday's class, so if you are local and would like to attend just email me at bryciak@yahoo.com.

I was happy how this card turned out, even though it is a simple layout. I think simple lets the eye focus on the interesting part - the "cracked glass".

I used the Touch of Nature and Define Your Life stamp sets on this with More Mustard, textured Always Artichoke, Basic Black, and Very Vanilla card stock. The flower was stamped with black Staz-On and watercolored from the ink pad lids with the Aqua Painter. Then the "perfect" definition was stamped over top with Always Artichoke. I think next time I'll go lighter on the green on the stem, and then darken it up above and below after stamping the definition. I used Versamark and Glassy Glaze for the Cracked Glass finish and then sponged the cracks after. I also sponged the Artichoke and More Mustard with More Mustard ink to give it a more aged feel overall. Likewise, I dyed the Black Gingham ribbon with More Mustard ink. I stamped the ferns in More Mustard, added three Mustard eyelets to the black layer, and assembled it all.
Happy Stamping!
Brycia

2 comments:

Kristin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristin said...

I love this card! Now I'm really disappointed that I can't go to your class. Hopefully next month.