Friday, July 25, 2008

Heartfelt Thanks on Chalkboard

This card is one of two we did in my most recent Techniques Class, which was "Chalkboard Technique" and "Poppin' Pastels". Also, I'm doing some of these for my convention swaps... WHAT was I thinking! This isn't the quickest card for mass-production! Luckily I've had some help from my daughter, Ellen, and her friend Frankie for the swaps. Thanks Girls!!!

For this, I stamped the flowers from Heartfelt Thanks in Craft White on Basic Black and allowed the ink to dry. Meanwhile, I stamped a 1 1/2" by 4 1/4" piece of Old Olive with the Polka Dot (109276) background stamp with Basic Black ink. Thank goodness that background stamp isn't retiring!!! Also I stamped the Lavendar Lace card with a verse from Stem Sayings, again using Basic Black Classic Ink. I attached the Old Olive piece to the card and tied the Black Grosgrain around the front by making a slit in the spine of the card. After the craft ink dried, I colored the image with Stampin' Pastels, added a tab made with the Word Window Punch and a black brad, and attached the black card stock to the card using dimensionals.

Happy Stamping!
Brycia

No comments: