Thursday, August 28, 2008

Dreams Du Jour with Top Note


I've never done a challenge before in my stamping life, but I admire Kristina Werner's Blog so much I decided to give her 20th. Color Inspiration a try. Below is the challenge that was posted on her blog: http://www.kwernerdesign.com/. I had gotten the idea to use the new Top Note Die from Stampin' Up! this way a few days ago and these colors were perfect for use with the Dreams Du Jour set and the Top Note.



So, I used Very Vanilla, Pink Pirouette, Certainly Celery, and Chocolate Chip card stock. I stamped the Bella Toile background on the Vanilla with Pink Pirouette ink. I stamped the Love you image from Dreams Du Jour in Timber Brown Staz-On twice on Very Vanilla and watercolored both with Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose, Certainly Celery, and Chocolate Chip. I cut out part of the flower on the one and mounted it above the other with a Dimensional. I cut the Love you image out and layered it to Chocolate Chip which I also cut around the outline of the Love you image. Then I mounted both pieces above a Scallop Square of Certainly Celery. Oh, the ribbon is Chocolate Chip Taffeta.

Happy Stamping!
Brycia

6 comments:

Kara said...

Beautiful card!
Kara

Liz Goldhawk said...

ooh! You're going to make me cave on the Bella background stamp! This is just beautiful! I love the way you used the top note die cut on the edge.

Alina Brito said...

really, really cute

Unknown said...

Really pretty, I love that torn edge.

Savitri said...

Too pretty! Just lovely!

Shawntel said...

I love how you incorporated the top note with the ribbon, so gorgeous! I also love the torn edge, very classy! And the sentiment is so cute and pretty! Great Job!