Friday, March 21, 2008

Embrace Life with Crayon Resist


Today's post is a card done in my stamp clubs in January. I love this color combination so much, you will see it again really soon...

I used Soft Sky card stock and Designer Series Paper along with textured Chocolate Chip and Whisper White. The central image was stamped in Chocolate Chip Craft ink and embossed with clear powder. Then I colored the flowers with a white crayon before sponging the Soft Sky ink over the branch. The crayon causes the ink to resist, leaving me with delicate white flowers I desired. Then I distressed the edges of the white card stock and set it aside. I layered a 3/4" strip of Textured Chocolate Chip to the Soft Sky DS Paper and put a piece of scalloped Whisper White along the lower edge (scalloped with the slit punch punched repeatedly along the edge). Then I tied a piece of Double Stitched Soft Sky ribbon with a Hodgepodge Hardware buckle around the piece and attached it to the Soft Sky card with Dimensionals. The focal piece was then layered on top of everything with Dimensionals.


Happy Stamping & Happy Spring!

Brycia


No comments: