Saturday, March 1, 2008

Pick A Petal in Soft Sky and Amethyst


Today's card is one I did during the warmer months, as you can see from the green vegetation in the background... (no, I did not move to Florida)
I embossed the same petal from the Pick a Petal set (109445) repeatedly on different sheets of Soft Sky Designer Series paper and cut them out. Then I embossed the center on a scrap of Almost Amethyst, again using white embossing powder and cut the center out. To create the card I used a 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of Soft Sky folded in half, and then stamped the "Thinking of You" from the Three for You Punch Box (109227) along the top and bottom edges in Soft Sky. I adhered a one inch strip of Almost Amethyst card stock to a Soft Sky card and pierced the right edge and created faux stitching with a white gen pen. Then I layered a 3" square of Whisper White and assembled the flower on top of that. I used a purple Rhinestone Brad (109111) in the center of the flower and added a bit of white grosgrain in the lower right hand corner.
This is a fairly quick card and a great use of your small scraps of background paper!
Happy Stamping!
Brycia

No comments: