Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Organic Grace Meets KWernerDesign Color Challenge

I had so much fun doing Kristina Werner's Color Challenge a few weeks ago that I've been wanting to try another. I'm finding that doing a challenge helps get me out of a rut, and I definately get in those, stamping and otherwise! LOL! The above card is the one I like the best, but it's not at all what I had in mind to start out with... Well, the stamp set is, but not the layout or the balance of colors. I wanted to keep with the botanical inspiration of this week's challenge:

I was originally thinking a long card... maybe with three images punched out. I didn't like the way that was looking and ended up with the card above. Then I decided to still try to make use of the pieces I started out with, so I did this second card:





It turned out okay, I think, but I like the top one better. What do you think?


Oh, so the sets I used are Organic Grace (Hostess set), Inspired by Nature (verse on the first card), and Dreams Du Jour for the verse on the second. I'm listening to New Age music today and feeling very philosophical I guess. The ink colors are Bravo Burgundy, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, and So Saffron. Both cards start out with a Bravo Burgundy base and are layered with Old Olive and then Confettii Cream.


Happy Stamping!
Brycia

5 comments:

Savitri said...

Love them both, wow, hard decision!!!

Stacey Schafer said...

both are gorgeous! the perfect set for this color combo:)

Karla said...

These are very beautiful!!! Love them both!

Mandy said...

Both cards are beautiful! I love the palm leaf background you made! Thanks for sharing! - Mandy

Shawntel said...

I really like both cards! There is something special about each one that I like! The first one is great with the linen thread with the button! And I love the circle with the flowers and the paper piercing on the second! So Cute!